Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So...I have a blog...

Ugh...I always swore I wouldn´t become one of "those people". By that I mean the thousands of people who´ve gone on one or two extended vacations armed with a Lonely Planet guidebook and decided that they were now an authority on international travel and started up blogs to "give travel advice" (no offense to the people I know that do this - you guys are alright. Keep up the good work. Some people would never be able to find that hostel with the "friendly and vibrant staff", or the "out of the way authentic, non-touristy trattoria nestled quaintly on one of ¨name your city"´s hidden corners" without your blog). But as this interweb seems to be the best place to keep in touch with friends and family, here I am, entering the blogosphere. (By the way if you´re lucky enough to locate the aforementioned trattoria be sure to ask Donna Maria for a small cup of the homeade pistachio gelato to go with your cappuccino - it´s not on the menu but they always have it!). As a pretty passionate runner who only got into the sport a couple of years ago I like nothing better than finding a new path, trail, or course to explore. And after only a few days in Argentina I´ve already been exposed to a few that I wanted to document and share with whoever may read this crap. So I don´t really have any idea or plan for how this blog is going to evolve, or even if I´ll actually keep up with it, but if I do my guess is it will end up being: part journal, part running log, part "running travel advice", part "regular travel advice" (aka Lonely Planet regurgitation/paraphrasing), and if you´re lucky maybe even some restaurant reviews (there really aren´t enough of those on the internet). I hope to take may camera along on some of the better runs and share a little info and some pics. Maybe some of you will find it interesting.

Good running & good reading.

- JMC

2 comments:

  1. Yo -

    Thanks for putting Blues Traveler into my head for the rest of the day (Why you wanna give me the run around..)

    If you get tired, go rent a bike and tour that way! God speed.

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude. Sorry for putting that song in your head. That´s one that can last for days...

    ReplyDelete