Saturday, February 27, 2010

Patagonia - Perito Moreno Glacier

Last week I had the pleasure of doing an ice trek on the Perito Moreno Glacier just outside El Calafate, Argentina.  The experience and scenery were truly amazing and the weather couldn't have been better.  The natural beauty of this enormous block of ice is such that words could never do it justice so I'll just let the pics do the talking.  No sarcastic quips or witty remarks are going to make it anymore enjoyable for you to read (or me to write).  So, without further adieu, here are a few of the better shots from the day:

Glacier in the background (Llamas in the foreground)




Serenity now!



Crampons on.  About to head out onto the glacier.


River on the glacier.


Blue Lagoon in the middle of the glacier.


Trekkin'


Lunchtime


Nice headband hippie




Trekking back - single file


Boat back to the other side


Complimentary scotch - nice

2 comments:

  1. That 'serenity now' pic is one of the most surreal images I have ever seen, I made it my desktop... hope you don't mind.

    n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mind at all. Glad you liked it. The 430 bucks I spent to re-buy the Panasonic Lumix camera that I lost during my little run in with Iguazu´s finest was definitely worth the money. Best point & shoot I've ever owned.

    ReplyDelete