Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's Official - The Run Around is going to Brazil!!!

After an 18 hour bus ride over Wednesday night into Thursday instead of just relaxing by the pool with a beer and a good book I did the responsible thing and spent my first few hours getting myself organized.  The first item of business was thoroughly washing everything in my toiletry bag (and the bag itself) because my shampoo bottled exploded while in the luggage compartment of the bus.  Once that situation was taken care of I took it upon myself to go through the process of booking travel and accomodation in Brazil.  First stop is Florianopolis then probably a couple of places I don´t know how to pronounce and most certainly can´t spell.  While Brazil was never in consideration as a stop on this journey I´ve met too many extraordinarly nice Brazilians who´ve told me so much about their country that I decided I had to give it a shot.  While I probably won´t make it to the pristine beaches of the north, the beaches on Ihla De Santa Catarina, of which Flori is the main city, are apparently very impressive.  The twelve hour bus ride starts tomorrow evening.  Stay tuned for further updates.  I had intended on putting up a few pics of Iguazu Falls today but am having technical difficulties with the computer.  While picture could never even begin to do the Falls justice any post about them without pictures would be insane. 

See you in Brazil...

No comments:

Post a Comment